Preparing and leaving for a trip can be so stressful even if the purpose of the trip is to relax. Here’s some tips to do to avoid the stress when preparing to travel.
- Contact your credit card issuers. This can be done online. The last thing you want is for your accounts to be frozen when travelling.
- Get and prepare cash. Prepare small denominations so you can tip easily and avoid breaking any bills. Don’t worry about getting foreign currency. You can do this when you get to your destination by using the ATM’s in getting cash.
- Bring spare passport photos. In some airports for a passport photo. This is usually asked if you’re getting a visa upon arrival or at a border crossing. Carrying a few passport photos can save you a lot of time, money and effort
- Make a photo copy of your passport. Leave your passport in your hotel room where it’s safe and carry a photo copy instead. You won’t have to worry about theft and possible damage to elements.
- Set-up a hold to all your mails that may potentially arrive in your doorstep while travelling. This will reduce mail theft and making it less obvious that no one is in your home.