You’ve been counting down the days, saving up for a trip of a lifetime. And it’s finally time—you’re going on a journey.
But with every great adventure comes a few challenges. Here are some helpful travel hacks to make your trip more enjoyable. From packing essentials, to staying safe and healthy, to having fun, this guide is here to help you have the best time possible!
Don’t pack anything you wouldn’t be able to live without. You don’t want to have to lug your belongings with you, only to leave them behind. Some of which are:
- Laptop to get the latest on Inverse Geek
- Laptop chargers
- Tripods for camera
- Cell phone charger
Before leaving for the airport, it’s wise to check in early and avoid the long lines.
If you’re heading abroad and want a visa, do your research ahead of time and find out what documents are required for which countries. If you’re travelling during high season (summertime), make sure to book your hotel ahead of time or use a service like Airbnb so you can rent an apartment or house instead of staying in a hotel room.
Pack light! If you’re traveling internationally, keep all electronics with external batteries charged so they’ll work when needed.
Staying Healthy while Traveling
Being safe on your travels is an important part of traveling. However, there are only a few things you should bring with you when you travel.
- First, bring with you any medicine that might be needed in the future, like any prescription or over-the-counter medicine.
- Second, pack any medicine that you might need while abroad. For example, if you’re going to be in a country where malaria is prevalent, then packing medication for it is important.
- Third, make sure to pack your toothbrush and toothpaste! It’s always good to have these items on hand because they’re easy to forget and can easily get lost at hotel check-in.
- Fourth, pack anything that can help keep you entertained during your trip. For example if you’re going to be traveling internationally then bringing books will help pass the time more quickly than watching TV or movies at home could do.