Anyone driving on holiday should check their vehicle before and after traveling. The following tips will help you make seasonings.
First, you must have the following in your car:
- First aid kit: make sure it has not expired.
- Handy tools like the best makita impact driver
- Warning triangle
- Replacement bulbs and spare fuse.
- Jump start cable
- Fire extinguisher (depending on national requirements).
Tips for preparing for the holiday when traveling by car
Not only the driver, but the car, should also be on vacation. Especially check tires, engine oil, coolant, batteries, car lights, brakes, etc.
- Tires: Before you go on vacation, you must check the tire pressure and adjust it according to the load. Check the outline of the tire and check for damage.
- Engine oil: Check the oil level before the holidays. Reason: If the oil level is too low, it will damage the engine.
- Cooling system: The car also needs to be cooled when it is hot. Coolant can be filled at any gas station. But be careful. It is not recommended to open the container when the engine is hot, as this will put pressure on the cooling system. When supplementing, follow the instructions in the owner’s manual.
- Lighting: Quick testing is undoubtedly important. Carefully check that all front lights, indicator lights and tail lights are working properly.
- Batteries: They are not only sensitive to cold, but also lose strength as they age. Like many ADAC malfunctioning support phones in the summer, heat can also cause battery problems. Therefore, the battery should be checked regularly in the workplace.
- AdBlue: If you drive a modern diesel car, you should carry enough AdBlue.
It is also important: You should check your air conditioner, brakes and wiper blades, and fill up the windshield washer water tank, especially before a long journey.
Car check after travel
After a long holiday trip, the car needs to be cleaned and inspected. This is for traffic safety and can save you a lot of money.
- Empty the vehicle because a 1 kg payload consumes fuel. You need to disassemble the roof box and bicycle rack, and remove unnecessary loads from the car. A weight of 100 kg means a maximum of about 100 kg. It consumes an additional 0.3 liters per 100 kilometers. The roof box increases fuel consumption by about 20%.
- After unloading your heavy holiday luggage, you should check the headlight range adjustment. You may need to set it to zero to ensure that the headlights are not too low and will not properly illuminate the road.
- Tire pressure inspection and adjustment: After the air pressure increases according to the load, it should be adjusted to the normal state after the holidays. After intensive use, the tread depth should also be checked.
- Window cleaning: After a long trip, not only the outside of the window will become dirty. After the holidays, the dust film in the windows should also be completely removed. The low sunlight was particularly dazzling, and the windows were dirty.
- Car paint scratches and stone chips test. If it does exist, repair it immediately before it rusts.
- Liquid inspection: The oil level, coolant and cleaning fluid should be checked, if necessary, supplemented according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If the coolant is insufficient, professionals need to determine the cause.